Make a payment
Get it done online Mahia ā-rorohiko

Adjust your income

About this service

Use this service to calculate your income adjustments for student loan purposes. This is the same as completing the Adjust your income (IR215) form.

When to use this service

You need to use this service if you or your spouse or partner are registered for Working for Families Tax Credits and have adjustments to make to your family income.

For the 2015 and future tax years, you will also need to complete the IR215 if you have a student loan and have income adjustments (called adjusted net income) you need to tell us about. Find out more about filing requirements.

Please make sure you understand what information you need to provide.

Find out more about income types and adjustments

There are some complex rules around when you need to declare an adjustment and how much. We recommend you seek advice from a tax advisor to ensure you provide the correct information.

Use this service to tell us about the adjustments to your family scheme income and adjusted net income so we can calculate your WfFTC entitlement and student loan repayment obligation. These adjustments don't change the amount of income you must show in your Individual tax return (IR3) or Personal tax summary (PTS).

Note: If you have already provided us with end-of-year adjustment figures, you do not need to use this service

Important information

  • If both you and your spouse or partner have adjustments to make, you will each need to use this service.
  • If only one of you has income adjustments to make, only the person with adjustments needs to use this service.
  • If you don't have any income to declare for any of the income types, please leave the box provided blank.

The information you provide will replace what the adjustments you've previously told us about. So, if  you had declared an amount for one of the income types during the year, but didn't receive  this type of income, please enter 0.00 in the appropriate box.

What you will need

You will need your online services userID and password and details of any income adjustments.

After you finish

When you have submitted this return please print the receipt page, sign and date it and keep it for your tax records.


If you need to make adjustments to your income for Working for Families Tax Credits for the tax year ending 31 March 2012 or earlier years, please complete our Adjust your income (IR215) form and send it to:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

This form will time out after 15 minutes of inactivity

This service may require you to send confidential information to Inland Revenue so it is located on a secure part of our website to prevent unauthorised interception. If you are unable to access this service, your browser and/or firewall settings may need updating.

Inland Revenue takes online security very seriously. We have systems in place to protect the information you provide us, and regularly update our standards and technology to provide protection for your personal information.

You play an important role in protecting your information by taking basic precautions to protect your computer and data. You should keep your computer secure, only deal online with people and organisations you know and trust, and check that your personal information travels across the internet on secure connections.

There are many resources about computer security (such as websites, books and magazines) that can help guide you on what security precautions are appropriate for your situation.