Make a payment

Comparing how to register a business in New Zealand and Australia

Depending on your circumstances you may need to complete the following registrations.

New Zealand Australia

An IRD number which means you will be registered for income tax.

If you're operating a company in New Zealand you'll need to register with the New Zealand Companies Office. You can apply for an IRD number and register for FBT, PAYE or GST at the same time.

If you don’t register through the Companies Office, you can register for other tax types (eg GST) separately.