Make a payment

Making payments to us by post

You can make payments to us from New Zealand and overseas.

If you have a statement from us, send us the preprinted payment slip at the bottom of the statement with your payment. Payments must be received by us on or before the due date. You'll need to make your payment by cheque - don't send cash.

Send your payments to us at:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39050
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

If you're making your payment to us from overseas

The date the payment is received is the date we use when crediting your account.

So your payments go smoothly, make sure you do the following:

  • Make your cheque payable to Inland Revenue.
  • Cross your cheque "Not transferable".
  • Fill in the amount due if the payment slip doesn't have it preprinted.
  • Print the words and figures clearly using a blue or black pen.
  • Show the cents as "00" if the amount due is a round dollar figure.
  • Use any envelope we provide.

Checking your payment details online

If you don't have a payment slip or you want to check your payment has been credited to your account, you can:

  • check your account transactions and balances in your myIR Secure Online Services account, or
  • call our self-service line on 0800 257 777 to request a statement with a payment slip attached. This can take up to 10 days to receive.

If you can't get a payment slip in time, include the following details with your payment:

  • your name and address
  • your IRD number
  • the type of account you're paying
  • the period or year the payment is for
  • the amount.

If you have a tax agent we'll send your payment slip to them

If any of your details are wrong please contact them.