Make a payment
Forms and guides Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Paid parental leave (PPL) transfer - IR881

Complete a Paid parental leave (PPL) application (IR880)

You (the mother or primary carer) will also need to complete a Paid parental leave (PPL) application (IR880) form - if you have not already.

Use this form to transfer your paid parental leave (PPL) payments to your spouse or partner, either:

  • at the time you apply for PPL, or
  • any time while you're receiving your PPL payments.

If your spouse or partner is an employee, they must qualify for PPL and parental leave. For more information call the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on 0800 209 020.

This form has two sections that must be completed, and a declaration to confirm the income and work details your partner or spouse provides.

You (the mother or primary carer) complete the first section. Your spouse or partner completes the second section, and then takes the form to either:

  • their employer
  • their chartered accountant or tax advisor, or
  • a Justice of the Peace (or other person authorised to witness a statutory declaration).

When all sections of the form have been completed, send the form to us at the following address:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045.