Make a payment
Forms and guides Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Notice of proposed adjustment (IR770)

When to use this form

Use this form if:

  • you want to change a return you've filed or you disagree with an assessment or disputable decision we've made, and
  • we haven't already sent you a Notice of proposed adjustment (NOPA) about the same thing.

The disputes process

Make sure you are familiar with the disputes process and the requirements for filing this NOPA by going to Disputes process initiated by the taxpayer.

How to complete this form

If you are unsure how to complete the NOPA, you can view a completed example.

After you finish

If you have been in contact with an Inland Revenue staff member about the dispute, print out and send your NOPA to that person. Otherwise print out and send your NOPA to:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045