Make a payment
Forms and guides Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Statutory declaration - deceased person's refund application (IR625)

Complete this form to apply for a refund owing to a deceased person.

To qualify to receive the refund you must:

  • be the widow/widower or child of the deceased person
  • be the surviving civil union/de-facto partner of the deceased person
  • be entitled to the estate under the will or the intestacy of the deceased person
  • be entitled to administer the estate
  • be related by blood or marriage and be maintaining the deceased person's child/children
  • have the custody and control of the deceased person's child/children.

You will need:

  • the deceased persons IRD number
  • the deceased persons full name
  • the date and location of death
  • a copy of the deceased persons death certificate.