Make a payment
Forms and guides Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Resident withholding tax - refund request (IR454)

(published November 2011)

About this form

Use this form to request a refund if you have been charged resident withholding tax (RWT) and you hold a certificate of exemption from RWT.

PDF | 63kb | 2 pages

This form can be completed on-screen by typing content directly into the PDF document. Once you have completed the form it is important that you print it out as you will not be able to save the information you enter into the form.

When to use this form

Resident withholding tax (RWT) can be refunded if it was over-deducted due to an error by the payer.

If the over-deduction was caused by the recipient's error, they can get the excess RWT that was refunded by us at the end of the income year.

What you will need
  • Your full name
  • IRD number
  • Name of payer of interest or dividends
  • Account information
  • Payer's IRD number
After you finish

Please print, sign and post the completed form to your nearest Inland Revenue office.

You may wish to keep a copy of this form for your personal records.

List of postal addresses for Inland Revenue >