Make a payment
Forms and guides Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Fringe benefit tax income year return (IR421)

For shareholder-employees

You can file your FBT return online

Log in to myIR to file

Use this return to file FBT if you're a company with shareholders-employees - the period covered is the same as your companies income tax return.

To complete this return you'll need:

  • the value of the fringe benefits you've provided to your shareholders/employees
  • your IRD number.

Once you've completed your return, print, sign and send it to us. Keep a copy for your records.