Make a payment
Forms and guides Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Taxing lump sum payments - employers (IR1047)

Use this fact sheet if you know you're going to make a lump sum or "extra payment" to an employee or ex-employee.

When you pay a lump sum payment or “extra pay”, it can affect the amount of tax your employees pay.

It can also affect their ACC, KiwiSaver and student loan repayments and may affect their entitlements.