Make a payment
Forms and guides Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Payments made to entertainers - your tax responsibilities (IR1036)

(published June 2017)

About this guide

This factsheet is for anyone who hires entertainers on a contract for service. It explains the tax requirements.

PDF | 293kb | 2 pages

When to use this guide

If you pay someone for their entertainment service (individuals, groups or bands) use this factsheet to:

  • work out if you need to deduct tax, and
  • find out how you go about this.
What you will need