Make a payment
Forms and guides Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Overseas social security pensions (IR258)

If you're a New Zealand resident and you have an overseas social security pension, this guide tells you what your tax obligations are in New Zealand. You can find out:

  • the different ways you can receive your overseas security pension
  • how to calculate and pay New Zealand income tax on your overseas social security pension
  • if you need to file an Individual tax return (IR3)