Make a payment
Forms and guides Ngā puka tāke me ngā puka tohutohu

Self-employed or an employee? (IR336)

It is important to know whether you are employed or self-employed, because the tax and accident compensation laws treat the two groups of people differently. This leaflet will help you find out whether you are employed or self-employed. It also explains the tax differences between the two.