Notes about tax statistics
- Tax statistics include only data collected by Inland Revenue.
- Statistics cover the period from 2001 onwards. For the years before 2006 please go to the second worksheet in the Excel workbook.
- Some numbers in the tables are rounded, which means the totals are not always consistent with the sums across the corresponding categories.
- We provide revenue and debt statistics for each fiscal year ending 30 June. All other data is at or for the tax year ending, 31 March.
- Tax statistics are dynamic and are continuously updated due to return filing processes. The data is correct as of the date of extraction.
Crown copyright ©.
Tax Statistics by Inland Revenue is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 New Zealand Licence. Please note that the Inland Revenue emblem and logo may not be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution should be in written form and not by reproduction of this emblem. If you publish, distribute or otherwise disseminate this work to the public without adapting it, the following attribution to Inland Revenue should be used: "Source: Inland Revenue and licensed by Inland Revenue for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 New Zealand Licence." If you adapt this work in any way or include it in a wider collection, and publish, distribute or otherwise disseminate that adaptation or collection to the public, the following style of attribution to Inland Revenue should be used: "This work is [based on/includes] Inland Revenue's Tax Statistics which [is/are] licensed by Inland Revenue for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 New Zealand Licence."